Diversity Summit 2015 emphasizes workplace innovation
Portland General Electric’s Sixth Leadership Symposium Slated for April 7, 2015
Jan. 27, 2015
Portland, Ore. — Portland General Electric's 2015 Diversity Summit will take place on Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at the Oregon Convention Center, 777 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Portland, Ore. Two keynote speakers and more than 10 breakout seminars will emphasize the importance of how diversity and inclusion improve the ability for organizations to attract and retain diverse employees and customers. Tickets start at $99, available by calling 503-226-2377.
"Companies want new perspectives to help spur innovation and solve problems. The Portland General Electric Diversity Summit helps show them how," said Arleen Barnett, vice president of human resources, diversity & inclusion, and administration, Portland General Electric. "We’re proud to bring leaders from across the U.S. and our region to discuss how diverse thinking helps meet business goals."
The Summit will feature two world-renown keynote speakers:
Frans Johansson is the best-selling author of "The Medici Effect" and "The Click Moment." A TEDx presenter on the topic of diversity, Johansson has spoken to audiences worldwide about intersectional innovation and success. Johansson is the founder and CEO of The Medici Group.
Bruce Tulgan is internationally recognized as an expert on engaging young people in the workplace and one of the leading experts on leadership and management. Founder of RainmakerThinking, Tulgan is a best-selling author and adviser to business leaders worldwide.
Topics covered during breakout seminars by diversity experts include:
- Cultural Agility in a Diverse World: Carol French and April Lewis
- Effective Leadership on Diversity and Inclusion: Steve Hanamura
- Gender Diversity-When Women Thrive: Tracy Bean
- Impact of Micro-Aggression: Miguel Valenciano
- Inclusive Digital Leadership for Diversity: Deena Pierott
- Insight on Disability: Dan Friess
- Intercultural Proficiency: Dr. Janet Bennett
- Managing Generational Differences: Bruce Tulgan
- Measuring Diversity Scorecards: Dr. Edward Hubbard
- Talent Acquisition and Retention for Diversity: Lillian Tsai
- Unconscious and Everyday Bias: Dr. Howard J. Ross
What: Diversity Summit 2015
When: Tuesday, April 7, 2015
Where: Oregon Convention Center
777 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Portland, OR 97232
- Early bird registration: $149.00 (through Feb. 28). After Feb. 28, the registration price will be $249.00.
- Non-profit registration: $109.00. This ticket is for non-profit organization attendees only. The non-profit organization name and email will be required.
- Student registration: $99.00. This is registration for current students. Student ID verification will be required at registration at the Summit.
ACME Business Consulting, Bank of America, Bonneville Power Administration, Cambia Health Solutions, Fred Meyer, KeyBank, Knowledge Universe, Legacy Health, Mercer, NW Natural, Oregon Health & Science University, Port of Portland, Portland Business Journal, Providence Health & Services, Stoel Rives, The Oregonian, Towers Watson, Wells Fargo.
# # #
About Portland General Electric Company
Portland General Electric (NYSE: POR) is a fully integrated energy company based in Portland, Oregon, serving approximately 887,000 customers in 51 cities. For more than 130 years, PGE has been delivering safe, affordable and reliable energy to Oregonians. Together with its customers, PGE has the No. 1 voluntary renewable energy program in the U.S. With approximately 3,000 employees across the state, PGE is committed to helping its customers and the communities it serves build a clean energy future. For more information, visit PortlandGeneral.com/CleanVision.
For more information contact: Mark Mohammadpour, PGE, 503-464-8714, Mark.Mohammadpour@pgn.com