Tree Wire Installation & Pole Relocation Project
Learn how we’re strengthening the energy grid and improving service for you.
To strengthen the energy grid and ensure safe, reliable service, we’re updating power lines and other equipment in a variety of neighborhoods, across our service area.
What is tree wire installation and pole relocation work?
We’re going to move some poles and install specially coated “tree wire” to help reduce outages caused by falling tree branches. Before we can make these upgrades, we first need to trim or remove trees that are growing in the power line right-of-way.
Overview of the North Plains Work:
Our tree crews will be working in your area on Monday, Aug. 12 and Tuesday, Aug. 13, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. To perform the work safely, we will need to close a traffic lane in the area where we’re working, so please be prepared for possible traffic delays.
After tree trimming/removal is complete, our line crews will inspect the existing poles and lines to prepare for upgrades. Our crews may contact you if poles near your property need to be relocated to meet safety standards. More details will come as project designs are finalized.
Important traffic and safety tips
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety as we trim trees and install new equipment. Here’s how you can help:
- Watch for temporary one-lane and full-street closures that may be needed. Allow extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow any detours and signs placed to keep drivers, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter energy future for you
These improvements are important for you and your neighbors. As part of this work, we will:
- Replace aging equipment with smart grid technology.
- Reduce the risk of outages for the area by improving service redundancy and reliability.
- Keep pace with growth in our region and help improve overall system operations for all of our customers.
This is just one of many projects we’re working on to enhance and modernize the energy grid, making it smarter and more resilient, and creating a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.
If you have a question about how this work may affect you, please contact us at 503-612-3730.