Powerline upgrades coming to Rock Creek
Strengthening the energy grid
This summer, we’ll be working in the Rock Creek Greenway.
We’re building new infrastructure to support our region’s growth. These improvements include adding 4.5 miles of overhead powerline and poles through the Rock Creek Greenway.
The new power lines will:
- Make electric service even more reliable – now and in the future.
- Strengthen our electrical grid.
- Provide capacity for regional growth.
PGE is working with the city of Hillsboro, Washington County, Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District, as well as local businesses to minimize the disruption of this construction.
What to expect
Construction begins in late July and is likely to last into the spring of 2019. It will involve work in the Rock Creek Greenway, including areas of soccer fields and trails. All areas will get restored as quickly as possible.
During construction, crews will be working section by section in the project area. You can also expect:
- Portions of the Rock Creek Greenway trail to close during construction and reopen as the project progresses. Look for signs on site with information about detours and check PortlandGeneral.com/Horizon-Springville.
- Vegetation management, including tree removal and replanting in the greenway.
- Temporary closure of the Rock Creek Powerlines Soccer Fields.
- Noise, vibration and dust from construction.
We’re putting safety first
To help ensure everyone’s safety, all work areas will be well marked and, at times, will require closing portions of the trail. Please stay away from all construction equipment, open trenches, electrical equipment and cables.
We appreciate your patience as we make these improvements.