To improve system reliability and strengthen the energy grid, we are beginning a project to upgrade the power poles and wires in the Centennial area.
- Mid-February through May 2019
- 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
This schedule may change based on the needs of the project. While not anticipated, weekend and night hours may be required at times.
What you can expect during construction?
You’ll see PGE crews and trucks in the area as we install larger power lines to accommodate growth in the region and new poles to replace aging equipment. At times, we may need to park some machinery on the street overnight.
To install the new poles, we will need to cut into the sidewalks along southeast Division Street. Once the new installations are complete, we’ll repair the sidewalks.
The old poles will remain in place — alongside the new poles — until other communication and cable companies transfer their lines to the new poles, which may take up to two years. At that time, we’ll remove the old poles.
If you have a question about how this work may affect you, please contact us at 503-612-3730.
We’re taking steps to ensure your safety. Here’s how you can help:
- Watch for temporary one-lane and full-street closures that may be needed. Allow extra time for commuting through these areas.
- Follow directions from any flaggers, detours and signs placed to keep drivers, pedestrians and workers safe.
- Please avoid all work areas and equipment, and make sure children know to never touch the equipment.
Building a brighter future for you
The new power lines and poles will:
- Replace aging equipment
- Boost service reliability
- Reduce the risk of outages for the Centennial area
- Keep pace with growth in our region, and help improve overall system operations for all of our customers
This is just one of many projects we’re working on to enhance and modernize the energy grid, making it smarter and more resilient, and creating a platform for a clean energy future.
Thank you for your patience as we strengthen the energy grid.