We all love the natural beauty of our state — especially as the days get longer. Even if you’re not a camper, PGE parks and campgrounds offer plenty of fun ways to get outside and shake off winter.
Many are just a short drive from Portland or Salem for convenient one-day or weekend nature breaks.
What’s your favorite nature escape? We’ll see you out here!
- Picnicking – including group picnic areas
- Paddling and boating – rent kayaks, stand-up paddleboards and motor boats (you can also sign up for lessons and tours)
- Playgrounds and sports fields
- Disc golfing
- Bird watching and wildlife viewing
- Fishing – including accessible and kids-only areas
- Camping – tent and RV sites, cabins and yomes (tent cabins)
Reserve your spot now
You can start reserving campsites or group picnic sites now online, and for some parks by phone in March. See what you can do at each park, and get maps and reservation information, in our Parks & Campgrounds section.