PGE and the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs developed a Shoreline Management Plan to protect public health and safety and balance competing uses on the shores of Lake Billy Chinook and Lake Simtustus.
A Shoreline Management Working Group provides input and guidance to help the licensees with this effort. The group includes private property owners as well as representatives of the U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs – Branch of Natural Resources, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, Oregon State Marine Board, Bureau of Land Management and Jefferson County.
For questions or requests regarding shoreline management, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manage shoreline structures within the project boundary to protect public health and safety and promote environmental stewardship.
- Manage the lands and waters associated with the project in a manner that ensures safe and reliable generation of emissions-free hydroelectric power.
- Keep an accurate inventory of existing shoreline uses and shoreline development on the two reservoirs.
- Provide consistent and coordinated management of in-water structures, new development, erosion control, enhancement of shoreline habitat and vegetation and protection of cultural resources.
The Shoreline Management Plan helps the licensees and our partners evaluate proposed shoreline actions consistently across multiple management boundaries while recognizing existing shoreline uses and balancing the interests of many stakeholders.
For the latest reservoir information and refill/drawdown schedule, visit the USGS website.
Documents and links
Permitting process and applications
Transferring permits when selling your property
If you sell your shoreline property, your shoreline permit needs to be transferred to the new owner. (Unfortunately, permits do not automatically transfer to the new owner at closing.)
To transfer your permit, send an email to email@example.com indicating that you have sold the property. We will follow up with the new owners to complete the process.
- Mooring buoy permitting process
- Mooring buoy permit application
- Shoreline structure permitting process
- Shoreline structure permit application