If your business requires standby generators to ensure vital production or service performance, you know the daily reality: You constantly maintain your back-up system in the hope that it will perform when you need it.
For most of the year, however, the only thing your backup system generates is a stream of operational and maintenance expenses.
PGE’s Dispatchable Standby Generation program adds your standby generators to our reserves for when the local region has a critical need for power. In exchange, we:
- Pay to upgrade your switchgear and install control and communications hardware, increasing your reliability and improving your control.
- Assume most routine maintenance and operation costs for your system.
- Typically pay for fuel consumed by the standby generator.
- Pay for additional fuel storage, if needed, expanding your operating time during power outages.
- Test your system monthly under full load, which helps ensure the generator will operate successfully when you need it and is better for the engine.
A powerful system
PGE provides funding to equip your standby generator with paralleling switchgear, allowing it to be synchronized with our grid. Qualifying commercial and industrial customers (typically those with standby generators of 500 kW and up) are connected to PGE’s system control center. The standby units are monitored real-time and dispatched from PGE’s control center.
In case of an outage, the standby generator functions as it normally would, providing back-up power to your facility for the duration of the outage. Then, when power returns to the grid, your facility moves back to utility power seamlessly.
How it works
Read our DSG FAQ, or download a brochure that answers common questions about how Dispatchable Standby Generation works, why PGE offers it and how your business can take advantage of this savings opportunity.
Unleash the full potential of your standby generator
PGE customers participating in Dispatchable Standby Generation have contracted 115 MW. Interested? Let us provide a detailed analysis and proposal tailored to your business requirements. Please contact your PGE representative or call our 24/7 phone number, 503-464-7893.
If you already own a standby generator, or are considering purchasing a new generator or upgrading to a larger backup generation system, consider the extensive benefits of participation in PGE’s Dispatchable Standby Generation.